Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Workout Progress

So, I ran my first 5k on Saturday with Sheryl, Justin's mom. It was awesome. It felt soo good! We couldn't have asked for a more perfectly beautiful morning to go for a run, and the path was pretty. Although, the last 1/2 mile was basically uphill. . . Yikes! We finished in 32:30 minutes. So now, to increase my workout regimen, I'm adding yoga to my workout schedule. I bought Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown video so I can workout at home with baby Gracyn playing right beside me :-)



I love this DVD! It's amazing. It has a level 1 and 2 so I'll be able to use it even as I get better at it and advance/progress. I think it's the perfect addition to my workout routine; definitely a "total body workout". I've never done yoga before and wow, I was shocked how much strength it takes! Last night was my first time attempting all of the moves. I could do most of them, which is the great thing about the DVD: There are beginner and advanced versions of each move so even people like myself that have never done yoga can get a good workout from the DVD. Jillian Michaels keeps you moving along with doing the yoga poses, to increase calorie burn. Anyway, if you like working out, burning calories, and feeling the burn (cause my abs are still feeling it today!) and if you've never done yoga, but have always wanted to try it, I would recommend that you try Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown (Mom, this means you!  I'm bringing it this weekend:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment